9.01.2010

Rude Awakening


Signs went up yesterday warning of city tree trimmers coming by today, but I didn't think they'd start at 7AM! Today was my day to sleep in a little, but it was pretty impossible to do so. I think I'll be taking a nap some time today to catch up on some Zzz's.

Still need to hit up a home improvement store for items to finish up the main house in preparation for our tenants/roommates to move in. We'll probably do that tonight as we have a lot of things happening in the next two days.



I'd been sad at not having any fresh flowers in the house the last two weeks, so I grabbed up a few stems of Asiatic Lily's when I was doing my grocery shopping this morning. I had hoped to get some Stargazer Lily's as I love their scent, but these bronze ones I got work well with my transition into "fall" things and scents around the apartment (currently burning Slatkin & Co's Caramel Apple).

Whenever I'm in the fruits and veggies section of the market I find myself wishing I was at a Farmers Market instead. Our local Farmers Market is on a Thursday, which isn't all that convenient in comparison  to Claremont having theirs on Sunday. When we lived in Venice, the Farmers Market was down the street and was on a Sunday as well. Oh well, I must get to one of the Sunday ones in Claremont and start buying my produce that way.

I've long entertained the idea of having my own veggie and herb garden and as things get better money wise around here, I think I'm going to give it a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment