8.31.2010

In the backyard...

Besides my noted lust for a wind chime and hummingbird feeder in the yard, I've been dying for a comfy spot in view of the pool to sit and read books for hours (as I am wont to do).


Originally I'd been looking into loungers, but they all seem to be quite expensive. Even craigslist left me empty, but then one day my Mum brought me a catalog from a place called Plow and Hearth and from their website I found Wind and Weather.


They both offer moderately priced yard and garden stuff, some of it kitschy, but for the most part some interesting and nice stuff.


While browsing through W&W I found their interesting little swing chairs and fell in love with this one...







It is the most aesthetically pleasing of the fabrics offered and the red Hibiscus will mirror the plant I already have in the yard. Plus I love navy blue, so it's perfect. I hope it's as comfy as the reviews claim. I would love to have two of them hanging side by side, and would plan to put a tall, thin table in between to set drinks on, or my book when taking a break. We have a tall wine rack, with a stone top and unless I find anything better and well priced, that will probably serve as the table.


The other thing the patio/deck needs is lighting. We had a set of string lights from Restoration Hardware that we brought with us when we moved, but they're so old and well, I attempted to hang them, but managed to catch the cord with the end of a staple and bam! Lights don't work anymore. It wasn't the smartest way to do it and well... I've learned my lesson. I won't let myself be in such a rush to get it done next time. I'll have Dad help me. lol


He recommended rope lighting to me last week and I think that sounds like a perfect idea.


I'm hoping to find a wind chime and bird feeder tomorrow, but the chair will have to wait a bit as we are in a tight spot right now and I need to get a job. We shall see how successful I am on that. Fingers crossed!


Anyhoo, I have class tomorrow and it is long past the time I should have called it a night. So off I go and G'night! 


xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, there is nothing like finding the perfect place to nestle and read in the sun.

    ReplyDelete