8.30.2010

Awesome moments in Nature

Photo via allthecreatures.org
I'm feeling pretty ho-hum today, but going outside always seems to perk me up for a bit. 
I grabbed my keys and went downstairs and retrieved the mail and after setting it aside, grabbed my watering can to water my flowers. 


I was standing in front of the planter, starting to shake out the last dregs of water in the can when I hear this buzzing sound to my left. Suddenly a hummingbird flits in front of me and goes straight to the mouth of the watering can, there's a little stream of water still coming out and he sticks his little beak in and takes a sip, then he turns and seems almost to be looking at me for a moment, then flits away. 


It has absolutely made my day! I mean, I could have easily reached out and touched him. He was right there.


Along with that wind chime I want, I think I should get a hummingbird feeder too. The more little birdies flitting around, the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment