8.29.2010

My songs of the moment

Christina Perri "Jar of Hearts"

I found this song featured on iTunes a few weeks back and since then I've been absolutely obsessed with it. I've been listening to this song at least once (if not multiple times) a day since I downloaded it and I am so happy for Christina and her sudden rise to recognition. I am so looking forward to the EP I heard she plans to put out soon and the eventual full album.


Ben Montague "Haunted"

This is another artist I stumbled across on iTunes (lately iTunes has been bomb at it's suggestions! YES!) and I listen to this usually in conjunction with "Jar of Hearts". His voice is gorgeous and I am a sucker for beautiful, melancholy lyrics and piano. I listened through the rest of his latest album, but nothing really clicked with me like this song did. But I hope whatever he comes out with in the future might stick because I need more of this man on my iPod.


"Till I Hear You Sing" from The Phantom: Love Never Dies

I can't tell you how much it pains me to write where this song is from. I have been an obsessed Phantom of the Opera fan since I was 16. The novel by Gaston Leroux, the musical by Andew Lloyd Webber, and yes, the version with Robert Englund compose all of what my favorite Phantom is. I most prefer to listen to Michael Crawford sing as the Phantom. He was the original musical Phantom and he is just... he takes me away when I listen to "Music of the Night". When the news of the "sequel, non-sequel" came out I threw a fit. There is no messing with perfection and ALW I am incredibly disappointed with you for bringing this to fruition. But... but, after listening to the cast recording of *gag* Love Never Dies, which I must say was incredibly difficult, I found one song that I liked. And this is it. The rest of the album is utter trash (I do have a little soft spot for the title track...). 
So, to get to the point, Ramin Karimloo is amazing and there are points where his voice definitely strike me as Phantom. The lyrics took a while to grow on me, but now I love this song and I think I always will. 

Still doesn't mean I'm going to pay a red cent to see that damn joke of a sequel.
I've read better fanfic.

LOL, Ok... enough of my bitching.

So there you have it, I plan to do posts like these as often as possible as I LOVE to share my music and if I happen to have any readers (heh), I would love to have your input and suggestions as well.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the suggestion - I always like a suggestion. Christina's voice reminds me of Rachel Yamagata's...thanks for becoming a follower. Much appreciated. This is a cool blog.

    ReplyDelete