9.01.2010

Boring lists and fun at Home Depot

After a long nap and a quick salad snack w/ grapes we got off our duffs and went to Home Depot.


I love going into stores after 8pm, things are so quiet and you can actually get more attention/help when you need it.


We went in there with a list;


• Kitchen cabinet shelves (for the main house kitchen)
• Blinds/shutters (apartment)
• 10 door stops (main house)
• A 50ft hose
• Log lighter (main house)
• Doorbell (main house)
• Wind chime
• Hummingbird feeder


Unfortunately we couldn't find the kitchen cabinet shelves, understandably the cabinets they sell come with their shelves already. I'd love to know what the contractor the bank hired to repaint the cabinets did with the shelves, or why he at least didn't replace them? UGH.


We'll get it figured out. Anyhoo, after looking in the blinds section it seems we will have to go with the local company who gave us a estimate to install blinds because after looking at all the ones available at Home Depot, we have odd shaped windows. I knew as much, but... G insisted on trying.


Got the door stops, a Goodyear 50ft hose, the log lighter and doorbell. Then I went on the search for my wind chime and hummingbird feeder.


To my dismay, not a wind chime in the building. Or garden center. I got a coupon for 10% off a purchase at Lowe's and I know they have lots of outdoor decor stuff, so I guess I'll go looking there for my wind chime.


I did find a cute hummingbird feeder!

Avant Garden Sandy Beach Hummingbird Feeder

Since the chairs I plan to buy have a navy and white stripe, slightly nautical theme I thought it'd be cute to do the same with the feeder. I wanted to put it up tonight, but there's not enough light and I don't want to end up dropping it and breaking out, ant attracting juice everywhere. So I shall put it up tomorrow after class and I'll be sure to post a pic of it and hopefully a little birdie friend enjoying it.

I'm a bit of a magazine addict and when I saw that the new fall issue of Do It Yourself was available I snatched it up and am very much looking forward to reading through it.

Image via Young House Love

One purchase we made that was pretty unexpected was a vacuum. I've been begging for one since we moved in (July 29th) after our cheap one conked out. And we ended up going for a Dyson on sale. 


We got the DC25 Animal Vac w/ ball technology. I never thought I'd be able to afford the "ball" one, but the great sale price at Home Depot and the very obviously growing need for a good vacuum finally spurred G into getting me one. I am so pleased! My vacuum sucks, I love it! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment