9.14.2010

Bathroom


Oh the bathroom. Where to begin. I think it was the least kept room by the previous owners. And then whomever the bank hired to "fix it up" did a craptastic job touching things up.


He caulked HORRIBLY around the tub, the toilet and even the vanity. And he somehow splashed calk on the vanity itself. I had to scrape some off when I cleaned out the drawers (they were DISASTER!). I don't think the tub/shower itself was ever cleaned. It's got stains and nicks in the fiberglass everywhere. I tried to give it a good scrubbing when we moved in, but I refuse to lay down in it for a bath. Showering is all it will be for me!


After it was cleaned I made a little trip to Target and bought the brown rug you see and the shower curtain. Something to try and warm it up a little. :/


• It's crying out to be painted. I'm either gonna stick with the green, earthy thing or might switch to more of a beachy turquoise. Either way the paint will be light.


• G and I are both tall people (6ft +). Even if I had the big bucks to put a tub in there that would be big enough, it probably would be too big to fit in the room. So we hope to have the fiberglass ripped out and have a large tiled shower. The head of the shower is on the left wall and at the end we want to have a large tiled seat. It'll certainly make leg shaving easier and having that whole thing as a big shower will give us sooooo much room! I'm hoping there will be able to be some shelving built into the wall for soaps, etc.


Flooring. Possibly the same tile as used in the shower, but bigger... I don't know. But I hope it will have radiant heating underneath and be a lovely stone.


Having a single sink kinda sucks, but we make due. Another ill kept and stained piece. If I scrubbed the wood any harder I'd probably ruin it. 


• New vanity. I've been in love with dark, sparkly speckled granite for a while now so that's what I want for the countertop. The vanity piece itself will probably be a dark wood, with hopefully lots of storage. We might go a little bigger than the current piece. The faucet we have now drips and either splashes water everywhere or barely trickles out. G has an old Moen faucet that he loves and at the end of this week we'll be installing that in the meantime to end the waste of water and have better water flow.


• The toilet paper holder will most probably be on the side of the vanity, and I'm hoping we'll get a nice modern looking piece. If it will fit, I have always liked the idea of using a deep hurricane vase as a extra toilet paper holder.



• The light fixture... goodbye. No brass. Ever. Again. 


• The mirror could be fixed up easily with a frame around it. With the way it sits low on the current vanity I can't attempt it without having to rip something out, so it'll be a wait and see if we keep it and modify it or buy a new one.


• The medicine cabinet is totally ick nast. Cleaned that as much as I could, but still. :/ I'm hoping we can get a deeper one, and possibly not mirrored. Too much mirror bothers me.


• Electrical and switch plates changed to white or maybe something decorative to go with the room.


I'm sorry, I'm sure you really don't want to see my toilet. I myself don't really like to see it. 
G and I swear this was brought here and installed from a pre-school. It is the lowest to the floor toilet I have ever had to deal with. We hate it!


• Obviously, replace the toilet. Which will be done sooner than later! This weekend in fact. We will be installing a new, low flow, double flush toilet that is elongated and ADULT height. lol


You can see my little glade scent/air deoderizer there. I absolutely love it! And recommend it. ; D


• In the last photo you can see a box to the right of the toilet. In it is our new towel rack and when the new toilet is installed, so too will the new towel rack. The current one is loose and has paint splattered all over it.


• That ugly door handle. It go bye bye. The sooner the better. The door too. Another old, cheap and ill fitting door. I'm in a love affair with the old crystal/glass door handles and I'm hoping that's what will end up on the bathroom door.

No comments:

Post a Comment