5.14.2011

Unplug!

It's a blustery, cool day here in my part of Southern Cali and I'm aching for the warm weather to come back. Just when I buy a cute sun dress the temps dip and the wind gets chilly. :(


But that's okay, it's really not summer yet, but it will be soon and I can't wait to rock this pretty, printed beauty.

It's been quite a busy weekend with shadowing my rep and going to a training session today. Tomorrow I have a photo shoot with a friend and Monday I have a local team meeting for my business.

I got my kit ordered and am excited to kick start my direct sales business. I pray I will be successful and that it will be as fun as they say it is! I just gotta get over my fear of the telephone. I'm gonna need it and it's gonna be this biggest part of my business.

Tuesday my term paper is due (eek) and I've got to get started on it. I'm hoping with beginning this business it will help and force me to better manage my time. I'm a serial procrastinator and I'd like to cure myself of this problem and spend more time doing positive things for myself, than lollygagging around and feeling bored with life. As the saying goes, "You're not bored! You're just boring!"

I need to make myself and my life less boring. If I would just disconnect my computer from my hip, I'd be doing a lot more interesting things. Technology for me has become more of a curse than a blessing, but that's my own fault.

One of the things I plan to do to help myself with this problem is to put my laptop away at night, rather than having it sitting out in arms reach first thing in the morning. Out of sight, out of mind... hopefully. haha

Do you feel like a slave to technology? Have you had to find ways to make yourself disconnect? Any tips and tricks would be helpful, besides what I already plan to do. Comments are most appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment