5.10.2011

Mom's Day 2011

Mother's Day was a lovely day filled with family, good food and a lil Mother/Daughter shopping.

My Grama Mc requested that I join them at my former church Sunday morning and I went, very much looking forward to it being over and thinking how much I love my church. Even though I didn't enjoy it, that's ok. It wasn't my day, it was hers and Mom's and I'll do anything she requests.

After church we drove to a local Cheesecake Factory and while waiting for lunch to come, we commenced with card and gift giving.

Card to Grama from Mom and Dad
Mom reading her card from Me

Grama and her beautiful laugh




Me helping Grama open her gift from Mom & Dad
Checking out the lovely Blouse she received
Smile!
A slice of scrumptious Banana Cream Cheesecake
Mom and her MEGA plate of ice cream and Godiva brownies

My mother was promised a special gift from me (I've already told her what's coming and she's very excited to get it!), coming soon and I gave my Grandmother the box of soft center See's Candies and a mini box of truffles that she requested.

After lunch Mom came home with me, while Dad and my Sister took Grama home. Many hugs, kisses and "I Love You's" later Mom and I were off to look at gardening stuff. The place I had planned to take her to see some beautiful, reasonably priced pot's was unfortunately closed. We ended up at the local mall and when we stopped in G by Guess I fell head over heels for this gorgeous bag and clutch...

The clutch

The bag view 1

The bag view 2

Bag & Clutch interior lining

The classic, feminine look and lines of this bag and most especially the colors had me oohing and ahhing all over the place (I don't think the photos do it justice). Before I could stop her, my Mom grabbed them up and said, "It's your Birthday next week and I want you to have them." I followed her up to the sales counter, my hand over my mouth trying to get over the shock then protested that it was her day and that I should be buying something for her! She wouldn't hear it though and I am now the proud owner of these two gorgeous little bags.

My Mom never ceases to amaze me with how sweet and giving she is and I only wish I could take her out on a lavish shopping spree and talk her into a relaxing mani/pedi (she's not all that into them). (but) She deserves it so much! Someday I will be able to do it and I can't wait to pamper her. She's the hardest working woman I know. 

I felt extra guilty because besides that, my parents gifted me the money to begin my small business and I am so thankful to them for helping me get started. I hope I am successful and will be able to return the favor many times over. 

As for my small business, this Friday I will be shadowing and assisting my mentor/rep at a party, Saturday will be a fun, all day training and learning session, and Monday I will get to meet all the local reps at the monthly meeting they have at one of my favorite restaurants. I am so ready to jump in, meet and make new friends, and learn as much as I can, so I can be good in my business.

For the rest of this week I'll be working on researching and writing my term paper for PoliSci class and hopefully next week I'll be off to AZ to celebrate my birthday with my 'Sista from another Mister' and the rest of my wonderful extended family.

Oops... I almost forgot. The Hubbs said I could go get a mani/pedi this weekend (haven't had one in MONTHS) and to go along with one of the themes of the new business I'm starting, I got my nails done in the signature color. 


Hope you had a Happy Mother's Day with your Mom's and Grandma's and if you did anything super special, I'd love to hear about it!

1 comment: