5.05.2011

Empowerment/Life Thursday



Yesterday started out wonderful, I had a meeting with my new small business rep and I felt like I could do anything. A couple hours after I got home, I called my Grandmother to talk to her about what I've been up to, to hear that she was really sick, weak and struggling to breathe.

I went into emergency mode, calling my Dad at work to see if he could head over to her place to get her to the hospital. As soon as the hubby got home, I jumped in the car to meet my Dad and Grama at the hospital. I was scared and nervous and thankfully my anxiety didn't overtake me on the way there.

They got my Grama into a room and started helping her. A few hours later when they announced they wanted to keep her overnight, my Dad said we should both head home. This has happened many times in the last few months and he knew if he left without making me leave with him, I would have stayed all night. Thankfully when I called this morning she sounded like her normal self and in a few hours I'm sure I'll be getting the call to come pick her up.

It's amazing how quickly a day can turn, but I'm glad my Grama seems to be okay now and I'm as excited as ever to begin my new small business. While flicking through my iPod last night, I came upon this song and it really meshed with me considering all the conflicted feelings I've had lately.


"When you're safe inside your room, you tend to dream

Of a place where nothing's harder than it seems...


When there's no one else

Look inside yourself
Like your oldest friend just
Trust the voice within
Then you'll find the strength
That will guide your way
You'll learn to begin to
Trust the voice within


Young girl don't hide

You'll never change if you just run away, ohh
Young girl just hold tight
Soon you're gonna see your brighter day, ohh...



Life is a journey

It can take you anywhere you choose to go
As long as you're learning
You'll find all you'll ever need to know...


When there's no one else

Look inside yourself
And like your oldest friend just
Trust the voice within
Then you'll find the strength
That will guide your way
You'll learn to begin to
Trust the voice within, oh yeah"


"The Voice Within" by Christina Aguilera

No comments:

Post a Comment