5.11.2011

Garden Wednesday

I woke up yesterday morning to find that my parsley seeds in my herb set has finally sprouted. I thought for sure something had gone wrong. That I might have overwatered and ruined the seeds, or that maybe the seeds had been burned from possible sun overexposure. But there they are!

You can just barely see the little green sprouts in the middle pot

In other gardening areas, I plan to finish up cleaning out the front ground planter of weeds and hope to put in a stylish border between it and the lawn, plant two Hydrangeas (the hubby's and my favorite shrub) and plant some pretty, low water needing plants. There's a hose bib at the end of the front planter and we're going to put a drip line system there to make sure everything gets sufficiently watered.

As for the backyard veggie garden, we're still mulling over what we want to build the beds with and after looking through a backyard planning catalog I found a great plan for building a bed with rock. I've still yet to go out and do pricing for even the wood, so now I must make sure I get out to do some price checks on both to see where I stand. My Dad is planning to help a bit and I am so excited to get the garden started.

Seeing that I am so far successful with growing herbs from seed, I hope I can do the same in the veggie garden, though I may still go with transplants for some veggies.

xGinax

No comments:

Post a Comment