5.03.2011

Beauty Tuesday pt 1

Only in the last year have I discovered the awesomeness that is makeup. Even through the years that I was a model, other than mascara and lip gloss, I didn't use makeup. My makeup was usually done by a makeup artist or my cousin Amy, and I never really picked up anything, other than basic tips when having makeup applied (while having someone else apply eyeliner, find a spot on the ceiling to stare at so you don't blink, etc).

But last year, I popped into Ulta and found myself in the Urban Decay aisle and picked up a black 24/7 eyeliner pencil. A couple days later I tried it, sure I would be horrible at it as I always felt about eyeliner, which I loved and wish I knew the secret to a steady hand to apply it. I was shocked as I started to draw it across my eye and it worked! Since then I've been a huge fan of Urban Decay. I bought the mini 24/7 eyeliner set, the big NY eyeshadow set, and many more pieces.

It's been a while since I checked out their site and when I received an email from them about their new Urban Bride set, I clicked over to see what was new. I have pretty much all the full size pieces from the set, except the Ultra-Definition Finishing Powder.


While there I was pleasantly surprised to see that they've come out with an awesome nail polish set!


The Rollergirl Nail Kit is free of formaldehyde, toluene and DBP and come in convenient pocket size. The colors from left to right are Fame (a shimmery beige), Superfreak (a gold glitter), Xanadu ( my favorite, a purple glitter),  Miss T (a pearly fuchsia), Woodstock (hot pink) and Love Train (an iridescent white).

They've also come out with some new delicious looking lip glosses.



Lip Love is a nourishing lip therapy infused with honey for yummy flavor, Vitamin C for a boost to collagen and evens out skin tone. Millet, Jojoba and Apricot Kernel Seeds help moisturize, replenish and promote cell turnover. It comes in six delicious colors and I pretty much want them all! Fingers crossed for a mini set of these.

To be honest they remind me of the lip glosses that Victoria Secret sells, but I think I'll much prefer these over VS's.

Right now Urban Decay is offering free shipping for orders over $50 and some lovely free samples.

xGinax

No comments:

Post a Comment