1.08.2012

The last couple days I've been listening incessantly to Christina Perri. Unfortunately I'm not all kinds of in love with her debut album, but maybe I'll need to do a second listen. Nonetheless, the song 'The Lonely' has a strong place in my heart and I love it to death. When I went to see the latest Twilight film (meh) with my cousin I heard her newest song that was written for the soundtrack and have now fallen head over heels for it. I love the lyrics of both 'The Lonely' and the new song, 'A Thousand Years' intensely and think they will forever be the top played songs on my iPod, next to my love of fun, bumpy Britney songs.




The last couple days I've been losing myself to Phantom fanfic, but also working on getting a job. I've got my fingers crossed, waiting for a phone call and will continue to scan for job postings. 

Tomorrow I need to strip the Christmas tree and take it out. I'd like to get the apartment back in order, especially the bedroom. I tell myself all the time that if I'd just get up and get it done, I could spend the rest of the time doing what I really want to do. As I've been more faithful to my anxiety med, I feel like I'm getting back to the motivated place I was. I shall not make the mistake of going without again. I don't want to go back down the road of depression again if I don't need to.

I've been writing a bit more often in my personal journal and I'd like to get back to my creative writing. I have so many ideas constantly playing about in my head fighting for attention and whenever I dream, something new seems to enter the playpen of jumbling ideas. I just get so frustrated with myself when things don't come out as I want them to. I need to let go and just write! The thought that that silly Twilight author can get a book deal makes me know that I could probably do it too. Sorry Twilight lovers. I admit, I used to fawn over the books too, but it all just got too creepy in the end and now that I've stepped back and really thought about all the stuff in that book, it really isn't a good message for young, impressionable girls. Puts some unhealthy ideas in their heads about what love and romance is. Believe me, I know! Anyhoo, I'm not here to lecture. That's just my little opinion. Take it or leave it. 

Hopefully Katie and I will be resuming our gym meetings tomorrow. I'd really like to get back into the swing of things. Great music with a cardio workout is not something to pass up!

xoxo,
    Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment