1.01.2012



Happy New Years! It is officially 2012 and one of my many goals, as featured on one of my boards on Pinterest (I've become absolutely addicted to it!) is to be more attentive to this blog.

I'd like to feature more on fashion, DIY interior design and of course, I don't think I could ever let go of my personal posts.

In the last few weeks my cousin and I have joined a gym and are working on making ourselves healthier, more fit and happier. We've been pretty good about going a few times a week and I can already see a positive change in myself. I feel more motivated and happier, my arms have been aching the last couple days (muscle!) and I'm amazed whenever I cross a mile mark on one of the stationary bikes!

I'm currently out of a job, but am beginning my search this week. I'd really love to get a good restaurant job so that I can save tips to help pay property taxes in April.

One of the things I'm most looking forward to is hopefully getting a SmartCar again once we've paid off the car in late spring. I miss that fun little thing and the fact that even filling it with Super, I never spent over $40 bucks on gas for that thing in a month.

Christmas was wonderful! Some of my family from AZ came out to celebrate with us and it was wonderful having that time with them.

I got a lot of wonderful gifts, a new stereo system for the car that I can finally hook my iPod directly into (getting installed Wednesday), some beautiful clothes and what I've been wanting all year, a NookColor!

The hubby, Katie (my cousin) and I spent our New Years Eve at the Mission Inn last night to see the lights and ring in the new year. It was a wonderful time and Katie came over beforehand so we could get all prettified together. She did my hair in a lovely 50's style and now I've got to buy myself a teasing brush so I can try to replicate it.



In the meantime we've been cleaning and organizing. I got the bedroom all cleaned up and rearranged, as well as the living room and kitchen. I still have so much more I want to do though! I want to get started on DIY projects around the apartment and the first place I want to focus my attention is the bathroom. Nothing too insane, but it needs better storage solutions first and foremost. It also needs a touch of excitement and some beautifying. Of all the rooms in my house, the bathroom is my least favorite place to end up in and I want to change that. All the details on that will be in an upcoming post.

A couple days ago we bought ourselves a SodaStream. Ya know, that thing that lets you make your own soda at home? I had a taste test at Costco the day after Christmas and was amazed at how close to the brand name soda's it tastes. The money savings is what is most exciting to me, oh and not having to lug bags of soda bottles up the stairs a few times a week! We bought some extra bottles yesterday and I am eager to get a couple bottles of soda going. Another great thing about it is that it requires no electricity or batteries. Amazing!


Have you bought any great, money saving items lately? Do you have any money saving resolutions for this year? Oh, and what did you do last night to celebrate the New Year? 

Whatever you did, I hope you had a wonderful time surrounded by friends and family and that this new year brings you lots of happiness and success!

xoxo,
    Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment