1.27.2012

(Early) Spring Cleaning

via Country Living

The trees across the street have already begun to bloom with little white flowers, the weather has been nice and warm the last few days and the sunsets have been a moody pink and purple. It isn't quite spring yet, but it feels like it.

I woke up feeling much better today, my small cold finally little more than a nasty cough and just felt compelled to DO.

While laying sick on the couch I could see cat hair and dust floating through sun rays and it gave me such a gross feeling. I don't ever want to let myself get so lazy that things get that bad again. But I go through my phases, times where cleaning is most important and then times where the last place I care about is the state of the apartment. I'd like to stay permanently in the "clean" phase.

So this morning I pulled out my Dyson and went to town. Halfway through vacuuming I decided it'd be fun to rearrange the living room, so after much huffing and puffing the couch was on the other side of the room and Gary's chair was closer to the TV, which he loves of course.

Next up I decided it was time for a complete fridge clean out. I've been thinking for a while now that I want to start meal planning. It would help me get breakfast going much faster and easier and I'm sure, help save money. Also it would keep me from buying items at the market that I think I might try making something with.

I found an app on my phone that was aptly named, Food Planner and set to work. First I inventoried all the food and condiments in the kitchen, began a grocery list and will sit down with the hubby to discuss what easy things we want to schedule for the upcoming two weeks.

Now it was time to clean out and remove the sticky, grody shelves in the fridge. After making the hubby clean the smaller shelves while I went out and sprayed the glass shelves clean and dried, I was finally able to put my fridge back together. I must say, it looks clean and sparkling, but damn is it empty. Can't wait to stock it in an organized fashion and get cooking!

I feel quite good for having gotten all those things done today and am excited to celebrate my Cousins birthday with her tonight at a good old fashion spaghetti restaurant. Maybe we'll take in a viewing of "The Vow" before the night is over too. We both absolutely lover Rachel McAdams!

xoxo,
    Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment