2.23.2011

Outta my head, onto paper...



I've always got thoughts and ideas swimming around in my head, and always think, "I want to write this down, so I stop thinking and worrying about it in my head." But something always stops me. I want to break that cycle.

I have a lovely journal, and I should and will start using it. I don't need to keep torturing myself with thoughts and ideas when I can see them all written out to help me make sense of things and hopefully to better motivate me to make the things flying about in my head happen.

One of the things I need to work on is the story I've had floating about in my head. I bought a lovely journal book to record all the plot ideas, I just need to put pen to paper.

Another is this:

Things I want to Change

• Procrastinating so much

• Leaving homework till the last minute

• Make it a habit of eating breakfast and dressing before I go anywhere near my computer.

• Keep the house cleaning up, so it doesn't all go to hell and then become a huge deal to clean up.

• Spend less time online and go outside

• Exercise/do yoga on a daily basis

• Paint my nails more often (I have loads of polishes)

• Eat healthier

• Again, less time online, more time in the bathroom taking time to pamper myself.

• Make the damn bed. EVERYDAY.

• Clean the litterbox. EVERYDAY.


Things I'm Proud of/Thankful for

• Taking on a third class to speed up my time taking general-ed

• Thankful for the roof over my head and even though finances suck, I'm not going without

• Finding, attending, and becoming a member of a loving, caring church community

• My wonderful, loving Parents, Sister and Grandmother

• My funny, loving Husband

• My Amazing, loving friends and extended family

• Books

• My kitty cats

• Health insurance

• My life


It's important to know and acknowledge what you're thankful for, to remind you in rough times just how good you have it. And I have it good. And it's also good to know what in your life needs improvement and to work everyday to make better habits for yourself and learn what makes you tick.

Number one on my list to change is the procrastination and it's a very important one and pretty much rules my life. I can't let it do that anymore. So I'm going to start right now with working on homework. And off I go...


No comments:

Post a Comment