4.29.2011

Fashion/Beauty Friday

The decision of what to feature today was made easy by the gorgeous Kate Middleton, now Duchess of Cambridge.



To be honest, I'd grown irritated by the insane amount of coverage on the impending nuptials of William and Kate, but last night I found myself riveted to the TV, waiting anxiously to get a glimpse of her and the obsessively talked about reveal of her wedding dress.

I was quite overjoyed with what I saw. I love that she went the "Grace Kelly" route and she wore the dress with such beauty and grace. She truly looked like a Princess and I love that she wore her hair half up/half down. The neckline, bodice and lace is breathtaking and my heart fluttered a little at the beauty of her skirt. More lace and the way the train was layered made me wish I could have the dress for myself. I was not all that surprised when I heard that she was going to do her own makeup, she is a very normal, down to earth girl and I think she did a lovely job.





I saw a story that a company was waiting with baited breath for a glimpse of the dress (McQueen) and that they'd begin making replicas. I'm sure even the replicas will be incredibly expensive, so no chance I'll ever get my hands on one. 

The ceremony was beautiful, if a bit long in the tooth and I wasn't able to keep my eyes open long enough to see "The Kiss", but of course... there's no way I'd be able to miss it, even if I wanted to.


Congrats to the happily married couple! I hope we will see them happy and be able to live out the normal life they wish to lead. 

Next up will be baby bump watch. Hahaha! No... I'm just kidding. Well... not really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment