4.28.2011

Empowerment Thursday

Last year, when I was trying to adjust to life and dealing with my anxiety/depression issues I made a daily list of things I needed to do. I did very well with the list, and as I accomplished each task, I felt happy as I crossed each item off the list.

At some point I let the chore list fall to the wayside and now find myself feeling bored, unmotivated and lazy about the house. Yesterday the hubby suggested I pick up the list habit again, so last night I made up a list of chores, along with specific rules to keep myself on track.

I was successful on the first three, but then I caught myself looking through my mail and blog sites on my phone, and can very well see now how doing so has sidetracked me. But the day is not yet over, and I can take up where I left off. Tomorrow is another day, and another chance to do better. I'm ready and prepared to begin the task of making a list nightly to better prioritize myself and my tasks.

Does anyone else subscribe to this way of keeping oneself on track? If so, do you have further helpful suggestions? If so, please comment and share.

I'm off to finish the rest of my tasks for the day and I hope you are successful in completing yours. Have a lovely day!

xGinax

No comments:

Post a Comment